Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Still Pimpin'


I shouldn’t do this to you, dear readers, at risk of turning you against my favorite rockers. But I can’t resist in hopes this will give you a chuckle. The other morning SO and I went out for breakfast. Hearing the barista singing to a decent tune, I grabbed a napkin and my pen.Then I handed her a note.
 
I wrote: Like this song? Check out Palaye Royale's album "Boom Boom Room (Side A)".

For a second she might have feared I was hoping for a date. To her credit, she didn’t appear horrified and the chilled decaf peach ginger tea tasted out of this world.

Twenty Year Old (!) Artist, Philosopher,
and Classically Trained Musician
Drummer Emerson Barrett
Do you prefer coffee or tea?

-

16 comments:

  1. Coffee, please. Milk, no sugar :-) Although your cold peach ginger tea does sound nice, especially on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious with snow falling outside. ~grin~ I'm just not into warm drinks these days. Be well!

      Delete
  2. How fun. You have a wicked sense of humor.

    Coffee for me too. I'm going to go downstairs and turn on the coffee. I'm ready.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. Thank you! SO and I spend a lot of time cracking one another up. Hope you have a great day, too!

      Delete
  3. TEA please. But I have to have my coffee to get me going in the morning. I used to say that if I ever had to give up my sweet tea I would be in bad shape. But when I became a diabetic I had to give it up....now I drink unsweet decaf (yep, dark water)...haha but I will squeeze part of an orange in mine. So....coffee or tea for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you had to give up so many things you enjoy. I cannot abide caffeine any more. I do like my fruity iced teas, though.

      Delete
  4. She probably thought you were promoting your album ;)

    Coffee or tea? I can't abide either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... I think you are like me, really, in regards to drinks. I do like fruity iced teas, though. They seem to be more satisfying than water.

      Delete
  5. No coffee, no tea. But I like a glass of wine around 4 oh clock while we listen to tunes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Oh? I sure hope you enjoyed the guys' music. Be well!

      Delete
  7. That is funny. I am definitely a coffee lover, but I usually have a cup of tea before bed ( decaf).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the smile. I always enjoy reading your thoughts.

      Delete
  8. I like tea, but in the morning its coffee. I like spiced teas, and sometimes plain hot tea at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, spicy chai is delightful. I need to buy some more. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!